I have been hunting for the perfect home brew conical for well over a year and have either bought or had a look pretty much every conical available to the homebrewer, the best of the bunch until now being the Morebeer 14G that I imported from the US.
However I think it is fair to the conical that Mark of Elite Stainless Fabrications has just fabricated for me is in a truly different league.
So why is it so good, well key features are:
- 140L working volume 170L total volume
- Over pressure and vacuum valve
- External cooling coil and insulation
- Heating via soil cable
- Large manway closure for easy cleaning
- Rotating racking arm
- 2 inch butterfly valve on bottom of cone
- Multiple ports to allow recirculation using external hop torpedo/hoprocket
- Pressuriseable to allow for carbonation – a true unitank
- Fully CIP
- Constructed from 2mm 304 stainless, and not a threaded fitting in sight
The inside of the conical is flawless, no scratches, no pits in the welds that is common to see on some other stainless conicals, it has been finished to Mark’s very high standards, not only is it a fermenter it is also a piece of art!
I also ordered the a yeast harvesting device to fit the fermenter, think the Morebeer one but on steroids – pics to follow!
The conicals will soon be available from Elite Stainless Fabrications in 2 standard sizes to go with the 100L and 1bbl kits that they make. I’m that impressed with this conical I have a second one on order!